Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Counseling and Therapy for Children, Teens, Young Adults and Families

Hello my name is Lisa Polisano and welcome to my page.
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist that specializes in both short and long term counseling and therapy for children, teens, young adults and families both in home and in my private practice.

I know it can be difficult and challenging to determine if you or your child may need professional intervention. However, if you feel that you or your child may be having some academic, behavioral, social or emotional difficulties or if you are struggling trying to parent or manage your child’s behavioral problems, it may be just the right time to seek therapy. Your instincts are there for a reason and they are telling you that something is not right. Whether you are a parent or a client seeking therapy, you have come to the right place. The sooner you seek the advice or assistance from a professional, the sooner your child–and you–can be helped to bring about positive and lasting change.

Early Intervention

I believe in the importance of early intervention while children and teens are still at home is the most effective time to solve difficult problems. By intervening early, a child/teen has the opportunity to have a more fulfilling and positive future. Helping them learn to communicate their thoughts and feelings in a more constructive and healthy way is key. I understand that they communicate more effectively through a creative and non-threatening means of expression. My creative approach to therapy provides my clients with a means for expressing their innermost feelings so as to foster self-awareness and self-discovery, enhance self-esteem and promote overall emotional growth. This healing process needed to provide you or your child with the courage that positive and lasting changes can be made comes from nurturing and supportive relationships with positive adults. I strive to provide this safe and comfortable environment for clients to express themselves and their vulnerabilities outside the core family unit.
I offer flexible and convenient office hours including weekend and evening appointments. Additionally, I provide in-home, telephone* and web-based* (Skype) appointments to accommodate the busy schedules of clients or for those who would simply prefer the privacy and convenience of home-based or tele-therapy services. Yes, you heard it, I make house calls!!!! I recognize that, due to illness, transportation problems, disability, finances, childcare, crisis, or a wide range of other reasons, it can be challenging to get to the therapy office for an appointment. With this in mind, I offer home-based therapy/counseling as a solution. In addition, home-based services allow for specific skills to be demonstrated and practiced “right then and there,” in the home.
If you or your family are looking for extra support or guidance through a challenging situation or are ready to create positive changes in your life, please call (818) 929-6586 or email me (lpolisanomft@valleyteentherapy.com) today to discuss what your next step should be. I provide a brief phone consultation free of charge prior to your first visit. I look forward to speaking with you.
**If you or your child are in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, please call 911 or go your nearest emergency room for an evaluation.***

No comments:

Post a Comment